Wednesday 13 August 2014

Nars Narsissist Palette


Hi Everyone!

Today I have a quick review of the NARS Narsissist palette for you. This palette is limited edition and was previously released earlier this year, I believe. I missed out on it that time so when I saw that it was back in stock on the NARS website and quickly ordered!



The palette contains 15 eyeshadows in the usual NARS packaging. The palette snaps shut and contains a really nice, large mirror on the inside of the lid. The palette contains a good variety of colours with some cool and warmer toned shadows.


The palette contains the following shadows:

All About Eve #1: Flesh-toned neutral
Madrague #2: Matte caramel
Fez: Velvety cocoa
Bali: Neutral
Coconut Grove: Deep brown infused with reflections
Madrague #1: Matte cream
Ashes to Ashes: Shimmery violet based brown
Brousse #2: Black violet
Mekong: Shimmering beige with subtle shimmer
Bellissima #1: Shimmering beige with subtle glitter
Lhasa: Lavender grey
Bad Behaviour: Deep pewter
Dogon #2: Charcoal
Pandora #2: Matte black

Now for the swatches...

(Top Row, L-R)


(Middle Row, L-R)
 
(Bottom Row, L-R)
 
As you can see, all of the shadows swatch pretty well with the darker shades on the right hand side of the palette having the greater colour pay-off. When using the palette I have applied the shadows using a variety of brushes and they all apply well, especially the darker shades. The lighter shades are not quite as good but I find that all of them do well over an eyeshadow primer. I also like that there is a good mixture of shades with some matte and glitter finishes. I always like when you have a good highlight shade such as a 'All About Eve', good transition crease shade such as 'Bali' and also a matte black, 'Pandora #2'.
 
This palette is very expensive at £55 and some of the shadows are better that others. Considering single NARS shadows cost £18 and the duos are £25 then you could see this as good value. I have seen good and bad reviews of this palette online and personally I can see why, however, I do really like and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it. If you did not want to spend this much on a palette but like some of the shades you can purchase them individually or as part of a duo.
 
You can purchase the palette from NARS and John Lewis and also from Amazon here:
 
 
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...