Monday 11 June 2012

OPI I Vant To Be A-lone Star - Review & Swatch

Hi Everyone!

Today I applied OPI'S I Want To Be A-lone Star nail polish from their Texas Collection for Spring/ Summer 2011. I have had the miniature size of this polish in my collection for around a year now and have never worn it! It is described as a 'pale pastel blue with silver shimmer'.

I began by applying a layer of Seche Ridge Filling Base Coat followed by 3 coats of I Want To Be A-lone Star. This polish is very streaky and not the easiest to apply. It was more-or-less opaque after the second coat but still quite patchy in places so I applied a third coat. My tip with this polish would be to use a few brush strokes as possible when applying. I finished off with a coat of Seche Vite Top Coat.



I really like the colour of this polish, the pale, pastel blue colour is gorgeous and the silver shimmer gives the polish that little bit of something extra. It is quite similar to China Glaze's Sea Spray which, in my opinion, applies better but has less shimmer.

You can purchase this polish from John & Ginger for £11.

Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...