Friday 4 May 2012

MAC Salute! Lipstick - Review & Swatch

Hi Everyone!
MAC has just released it's Hey Sailor! collection here in the UK and I picked up one of the 4 lipsticks in the colour Salute! which is described as  "neutral peach" and has an amplified finish.

Hey Sailor! packaging


Firstly I have to say that I love the nautical packaging on this collection! The lipstick tube has a really nice glossy finish as opposed to the usual MAC lipstick packaging.

SWATCH SHOWN ON NW20 SKIN:


As you can see from the picture above this is quite an orangey toned neutral colour. The lipstick is very pigmented as with all of MAC's Amplified finishes. I have found that the lipstick looks better if I use my finger to blend it in. It also looks great with a golden lipgloss over the top such as Stila's Kitten.

I have a few peachy nude lipsticks in my collection so here are some swatches for comparison:

(L to R) MAC Salute! Sleek Barely There, MAC Ravishing, MAC Shy Girl, Revlon Peach Parfait

You can purchase the new Hey Sailor! collection from MAC for £14
Please let me know in the comments section below if you have purchased anything from the collection and what you think of it!
Maz x

2 comments:

  1. would salute look good on nc35 skin tone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think the lipstick would work great on most skin tones!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...