I decided to make some muffins today! I love muffins but they aren't really something that I make all that often as I have never really found a recipe that I was happy with until now! This recipe is so easy and makes a delicious batch of muffins!
250g Plain Flour
100g Caster Sugar
3 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
75ml Vegetable Oil
125g Chocolate Chips
3 tbsp Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
1. Pre heat oven to 200C/ Gas Mark 6 and place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tray.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, 100g caster sugar and chocolate chips together mixing well.
3. In a separate bowl mix the milk, oil and egg together, blending well.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet all at once and stir together until the dry ingredients are moistened (the batter will be a little lumpy).
5. Divide the mixture up between the muffin cases and sprinkle with the caster and brown sugars.
6. Bake for 20-25 until golden brown in colour. Insert a skewer into the centre of one muffin to check that they are thoroughly baked.
7. Allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before removing and allowing to cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
These muffins are so tasty and an ideal size! They are much lighter than those bought from a shop and don't seem to stick to the back of your throat like many shop bought ones seem to either!
I found this recipe on All Recipes