Wednesday 25 April 2012

Max Factor Fantasy Fire Nail Polish - Review & Swatch


Hi Everyone!

This nail polish seems to be featuring on quite a few beauty blogs at the moment and seems to be selling for 2 or 3 times it's RRP price on eBay so when I saw it in my local branch of Boots I thought that I'd give it a go! Fantasy Fire is apparently a close dupe of a popular, discontinued Clarins polish.


I began by applying 2 coats of OPI Matte Nail Envy as my base followed by 4 coats of Fantasy Fire. This polish is really sheer and pretty difficult to apply. I like opaque polishes but this still wasn't opaque after 4! On a more positive note, it does dry fairly quickly!



The polish is so difficult to photograph so I apologise for the poor picture quality! I am really disappointed with the polish to be honest, the colour is gorgeous but the application and finish is pretty bad! If you really like the colour I would perhaps layer it over an opaque polish in a similar polish (possibly OPI's A Grape Fit).

You can purchase this polish for £3.99 from Boots
Maz x

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a max effect polish which is meant to be used it as a top coat to give a really cool effect....I have it and that's how I use it. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...