Wednesday 28 March 2012

Benefit Flatter Me Cream Eyeshadow - Review & Swatch


Hi Everyone!
I recently purchased one of Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows in the colour Flatter Me which is described as a 'Toasted mauve' shade. These cream products can be used as an eyeshadow or an eye liner which is great. Benefit recommend that you apply a layer of the product on to your eye, wait 30 seconds and then apply another layer if you want to intensify the colour.


 

I am a big fan of MAC's Paint Pot's and own quite a few of them so I was keen to see how these compare. Firstly the Benefit Cream Eyeshadow's are 50p cheaper than the MAC alternatives here in the UK but are slightly smaller so cost-wise they are around the same price. I tend to use my Paint Pot's as eyeshadow bases rather than on their own too and they always perform well at this. Flatter me has a nice smooth consistency which made it easy to apply similar to the consistency of Painterly Paint Pot (I have found Painterly to be one of the smoothest of MAC's Paint Pots). I have found it easy to apply with both my fingers and with a synthetic brush.


The colour is beautiful and applies to the skin exactly how it looks in the pot. I have worn it alone with no powder over the top and it held up well with minimal creasing after a long day. I have also used it under an eyeshadow as a base and it also did well. Flatter Me looks beautiful paired up with browns, greys and Plums. I have worn it with 'Toasted' from the original Urban Decay Naked Palette and it looks beautiful as it is a similar colour.

SWATCH SHOWN ON NW20 SKIN:


Overall I don't really have anything bad to say about this product! It is quite expensive but it is a quality product so, therefore, worth the money in my opinion. As I mentioned above, I own several MAC Paint Pot's so was eager to compare the 2 products. I would say that the Benefit shadows are slightly more pigmented than the MAC ones so if you want to wear the cream shadow alone then go for the Benefit option.

You can purchase this eyeshadow from Benefit for £14
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...