Friday 13 January 2012

Oat & Raisin Cookies

Hi Everyone!
I decided to take a break from studying today and do some baking! Cookies are one of my favourite things to bake and I made some Oat and Raisin ones today, here's how I made them:

INGREDIENTS:
240g Rolled Oats
75g Shredded Coconut
230g Raisins or Sultanas
200g Brown Sugar
190g Caster Sugar
230g Butter, softened
150g Plain Flour
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1tsp Salt

METHOD:
1. Pre heat oven to 180C/ 350F Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar together in a large bowl.
3. Add the egg and vanilla to the bowl and mix together.
4. Sift in the flour, Bicarbonate of Soda and salt slowly and mix well.
5. Finally add the oats, coconut and raisins/ sultanas and mix.
Take large teaspoonfuls of the mix and roll into balls, place each one on the baking tray and press down slightly. Make sure you leave room around each one as they will spread out a little whilst baking.
6. Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.

These cookies are so tasty and I especially love the added flavour that the coconut provides. They are just crunchy enough and just chewy enough in my opinion! They are pretty simple and quick to make too! Let me know if you give them a try!

I found this recipe on Videojug
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...