Sunday 27 November 2011

Slatkin & Co S'mores & Leaves Candles - Review


Hi Everyone!

I have really been bitten by the candle bug lately! I purchased a couple of the Yankee candles recently but really wanted to try some of the candles by Slatkin and Co which supply Bath and Body Works in the USA. I have heard so many good things about them via YouTube videos and online blogs so when I realised that they are available to buy here in the UK and I jumped at the chance! The first fragrance that caught my attention when browsing the site was the S'mores candle,

S'mores Description: "Layers of gooey marshmallow, melted dark chocolate and sweet graham crackers."

That description sounds totally amazing and I love the smell of marshmallows and chocolate, who doesn't? I purchased this in the 4oz size which, I think, is classed as a medium sized candle. I have already burnt this one quite a bit and it smells gorgeous! You can really pick out the dark chocolate and marshmallow scents but it's not too overpowering and sickly smelling.

I also decided to get one of the small candles which weigh 1.6oz. These candles are designed to let you try out a fragrance without purchasing a more expensive size. I went for the Leaves candle,

Leaves Description: "Autumnal notes of golden nectar, juicy mandarin and red delicious apples are paired with toasted cinnamon stick, mulled cider spices and freshly harvested red berries."

I think that this candle sounded ideal as a warming, Fall/ Winter scent. I have to admit that it isn't the kind of scent that I would usually go for but I recently watched a video by Elle Fowler (allthatglitters 21) who is my favourite YouTube beauty guru, and she said that this candle was her favourite so I thought that I'd give it a try! I'm not sure if I would purchase this one again as I feel that the cinnamon smell if pretty strong and I'm not a big fan of cinnamon but it is nice as a change from the sort of candles that I usually go for.

All of the Slatkin and Co candle range look amazing and I definitely want to try out a few more including Homemade Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies, Caramel Apple, Fireside and Gingerbread. If you have tried any of these please let me know what you think!

I purchased my candles from Bath and Body Shop. The Leaves candle cost £2.99 and the S'mores candle cost £9.25.

I hope that you have enjoyed this post, please feel free to leave any candle scent recommendations in the comment section below for me!
Maz x

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...