Friday 11 November 2011

OPI Black Cherry Chutney - Review & Swatch


Hi Everyone!
As the colder weather sets in I like to use darker polishes on my nails, which I think look great on shorter nails and as I am having to keep my nails fairly short at the moment because of college :-( I dark shade is ideal! I very nearly reached for my beloved Lincoln Park After Park in my collection when I came across OPI's Black Cherry Chutney from their 2008 India Collection and remembered how beautiful it is. As it's name suggests, it is a blackened berry colour with a very subtle shimmer.
I began by applying my usual Seche Base coat followed by 2 coats of Black Cherry Chutney. The application is a little streaky but no too bad. I found that it was pretty much opaque after the 2 coats but one more may look better if you really like that solid colour look. I then finished off with a coat of Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat to add a little shine.
(Apologies for the picture quality, I had one or two lighting issues!)


Overall, Black Cherry Chutney is a beautiful colour for Fall/ Winter or for a night out and I think that it is easily overlooked due to the popularity of some of OPI's other dark shades such as Mrs O'Leary's BBQ and the wonderful Lincoln Park After Dark. It is also a much more flattering alternative to black.

I purchased my polish a couple of years ago and I can't remember where from! I purchase quite a lot of my polishes from Tiffany Nail Supply and they currently sell this polish at £9.95

Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...