Friday 14 October 2011

Nails Inc Gossip Girl Overglaze Duo's - Review & Swatch


Hi Everyone!
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this product whilst browsing the Nails Inc website the other day - they have teamed up with one of my all time favourite TV shows, Gossip Girl to release 3 nail polish sets for 3 of the main characters Serena, Blair and Lily. Each of the sets come with an opaque, glossy nail polish and a 'special effects overglaze' top coat. Here are the colour combinations for each set:

Serena: 'Patent Black Serena' Nail Polish with 'It Girl Electric Blue' Overglaze Top Coat.
Blair: 'Teal Black Blair' Nail Polish with 'Privileged Blue/ Green' Overglaze Top Coat.
Lily: 'Plum Black Lily' Nail Polish with 'High Society Red/ Green Overglaze Top Coat.

As Blair is my favourite character in the show I went for her set!

Blair, Privileged

I began by applying OPI Matte Nail Envy as my base followed by 2 coats of Blair nail polish. This polish is a really dark jade colour that almost looks like ink when you apply the first coat. It applies really evenly and smoothly and dries with a super glossy finish. I really like this colour and would definitely wear it alone without the top coat as a change from the dark purples and berry tones that I usually wear in Autumn and Winter.



The instructions on the back of the back said to apply 1-2 coats of Privileged Overglaze but I found that 1 was enough. This top coat is amazing, it contains flecks of almost florescent green and blue and really stands out! I also think that it'd look great over a black or navy polish too. I finished by applying a coat of Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat.


I think that this set would make an excellent gift for anyone who is interested in nails regardless of whether they are a Gossip Girl fan or not. The set is quite expensive but you are getting 2 full sized products, one of which is a pretty unique top coat.
I purchased my set from ASOS for £20 and you can also purchase them from the official Nails Inc website.
Please comment below if you have purchased any other of the Nails Inc Gossip Girl sets and let me know what you think!
Gossip Girl Season 5 returns to ITV2 in the UK on Wednesday 19 October! Can't wait!

To read my review and to see swatches of the Serena collection please click here
XOXO Maz!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...