Monday 17 October 2011

Chocolate & Cherry Cookies


Hi Everyone!
I haven't managed to fit very much baking in over the last few of weeks but I had a couple of spare hours this morning so I made some chocolate and cherry cookies. Cookies are my favourite thing to bake and these are really quick and easy. They are a basic cookie with plain and white chocolate chips and cherries -  a perfect combination! Here's how I made them:

INGREDIENTS:
200g Unsalted Butter
85g Light Muscovado Sugar
85g Golden Caster Sugar
1 Egg
225g Self Raising Flour
50g Plain Chocolate - roughly chopped
50g White Chocolate - roughly chopped
85g Glace Cherries - roughly chopped
1/2 tsp Salt

METHOD:
1. Pre heat oven to 190C/ Gas Mark 5 and line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper.
2. Beat the butter, sugars and egg together until smooth.
3. Now sift in the flour and salt and mix until incorporated.
4. Finally add the chocolate and cherries and mix.
5. Place spoon fulls of the mixture, spaced well apart on the trays. You should get around 18-20.
6. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes until the cookies are slightly golden but still pale and soft in the middle.
7. Leave the cookies to cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.


I found this recipe on the BBC Good Food website but I added chocolate chips instead of chopped chocolate and dark muscovado sugar instead of light as I didn't have any!
I hope that you have enjoyed this post and will give it a go!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...