Tuesday 27 September 2011

Top 5 Bobbi Brown Products

Hi Everyone!
This is the latest in my series of top 5 products from various beauty brands, this one focuses on Bobbi Brown. This is a very expensive brand and I tend to purchase the odd product from them as a treat so if, like me, you can not afford to buy lots of items from the brand, you may find this post helpful when picking out what you want to spend your money on! You can purchase the entire range of Bobbi Brown products from their official website.

1. Pot Rouge:
I am a huge fan of the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. This is an amazing, award winning cream product that can be used on both your lips and cheeks and comes in 5 colour choices. I love the colour Powder Pink which works so well with my skin (I am an NW20) and is so quick and easy to apply. Powder Pink is a really subtle shade that gives you a lovely flush of colour to the cheeks. Pot Rouge costs £18 which is very expensive but it is a very versatile product and you get a decent amount for your money.

2. Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner:
This is probably my favourite product from the Bobbi Brown line. The liner glides onto your skin really easily and gives you the effect of a liquid liner. I use the Black Ink liner on a regular basis and have never found any problems with smudging or flaking, even when I do not set the liner with a black powder eyeshadow such as MAC's Carbon. The gel liners cost £16.50 each.

3. Corrector:
I think that the Bobbi Brown Correctors are a pretty unique product, they are pink or peach based and are designed to correct under eye darkness and intended to be used before your concealer. I use the colour Bisque for my skin and concentrate a small amount of it onto the inner corners of my eyes as that is where I get the most discolouration, I then add my concealer over the top of it. I would highly recommend this product if you suffer from a lot of under eye darkness as you can really notice an improvement compared to when you are only wearing concealer. The Corrector costs £17.

4. Long-Wear Cream Shadow:
I really like Bobbi Brown's range of cream shadows which are really quick to apply and I have worn them alone over a eye primer and found that they wear pretty well. There is a really nice colour range, my favourites are Slate which is a medium grey colour and Heather which is a warm mauve colour. These shadows also make great bases for pressed shadows. They cost £17 each.

5. Books
OK so this may seem like a rather strange addition to this post but Bobbi has written several make up books including the one I own which is called The Makeup Manual. This is a great book to have in your collection if, like me, you are training to be a make up artist or if you just love make up in general! The pictures are gorgeous and there are lots of helpful tips, guidance and demonstrations. The book is priced at £20 on the Bobbi Brown website but you may find it a little cheaper from other retailers such as Amazon.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading about my top 5 Bobbi Brown products and hope that you have found it useful. Please check out the rest of my top 5 series by clicking on the brand names below:
Top 5 MAC products.
Top 5 Urban Decay products.
Top 5 NARS products.
Top 5 NYX products.

Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...