Friday 30 September 2011

September Favourites

Hi Everyone!
We have come to the end of September 2011 so it is time for my monthly favourites post where I share my most used and loved items from the last month so let's get started!

Jessie's Girl Julie G Nail Polish Collection:
I am such a big fan of Julie G 713's YouTube channel and in particular her nail tutorials so when she announced that she had her own range of nail polishes coming out with Jesse's Girl Cosmetics I knew I had to order them. The colours are amazing and the polishes are such great value for money. My favourites so far have to be Cupcake Frosting and Mermaid's Lagoon. To read my review of the collection and to see swatches please click here.



Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette:
This palette was my big make-up splurge this month and I love it! The palette is full of great quality shadows in such a great range of colours. I have been using this so much over the last few months. My favourite shadow from the palette is Omen which is a gorgeous purple colour. To read my review of the palette and to see swatches please click here.


Vera Wang Lovestruck Perfume:
Vera Wang is one of my favourite fragrance designers and I own both the original Princess and the Preppy Princess so Lovestruck was bound to be on my wish list! As you can see, it has the most gorgeous lid design and I was also drawn in by the fact that one of my fashion idols, Leighton Meester was in the advertising campaign! I am not the best at describing perfume smells but to me this is quite a light flowery and fruity scent.

Nails Inc Magnetic Nail Polish:
Well I totally got sucked into the whole magnetic polish craze this month! I couldn't believe how easy it was to do and how great it looked! I imagine that this will take over from the Crackle coat for the most wanted nail art! Click here to read my review of the polish and to see swatches.

Maybelline Falsies Black Mascara:
Any of you who regularly read my blog will know that I am a huge fan of L'Oreal mascaras but I have heard so many good things via YouTube about this mascara and seen as it was on offer in Superdrug I thought that it was a good time to give it a try and I have to say that I am impressed. I particularly like the curved shape of the wand and it does a good job at volumizing my lashes. Would I permanently swap my L'Oreal mascaras for this? Probably not no but it comes in at a close second!



MAC Viva Glam V Lipstick:
This lipstick has been in my collection for quite a while now but, for some unknown reason, I don't seem to have worn it all that much. It is a neutral rosy pink colour that just warms up your lips without being too obvious. As I have started at college this month I needed to hunt out my more subtle lipsticks so this fit the bill perfectly. I forgot just how nice it is plus, as with all of MAC's Viva Glam products, the full RRP, less the VAT goes to people affected by HIV and Aids which is amazing.

MAC Woodwinked & Mulch Eyeshadows:
As I mentioned above, I have recently started back at college so needed to tone down a bit for classes so I dug out my old faithful eyeshadows, Woodwinked (a warm antique gold) and Mulch (a Red-brown with bronze pearl) which are such a classic combination in my opinion! I like to apply Woodwinked all over my lid over MAC's Rubenesque Paint Pot (a Golden peach with gold pearl) and then add Mulch into the crease with a little Espresso ( a Muted golden brown) in the outer corner just to darken it up slightly.

MAC Peachykeen Blush:
This is a baby peach coloured blush that looks lovely paired with the above eye look. This is one of my most recent MAC blush purchases and I have been using it a lot over the past month. I love how it warms up your face without being too much.
I hope that you have enjoyed this post and don't forget to look out for my October favourites at the end of the month!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...