Friday 2 September 2011

Lilac & Purple Half Moon Manicure

Hi Everyone!
So some of you may have seen my previous half moon manicure blog post and I loved it so much that I decided to give it another go using different colours and I think that my second attempt definitely came out better! I used a lilac colour for the half moon and a dark purple for the rest of the nail. Here's how I did it.

First I applied OPI Nail Envy as my base coat followed by 1 coat of OPI Do You Lilac It? to my entire nail. This is a gorgeous subtle lilac colour that has been one of my favourite polishes for a long time and, I think, is one of OPI's best selling shades. The polish is easy to apply thanks to the unique wide OPI brush and the colour is almost opaque after one coat, I find that the base colour does not need to be fully opaque for a half moon manicure as you are going to cover most of it up anyway! As with most OPI lacquers the polish dried smoothly and evenly.

OPI Nail Polish Do You Lilac It?
OPI Do You Lilac It?
I then waited for around 20 minutes for this colour to dry thoroughly and then took some 'hole reinforcers' that I bought from a stationary store. For those of you who are not familiar with these stickers they are small circles with a hole in the middle. I stuck these to the base of my nail so that they were covering the half moon section of my nail that I did not want to paint. I then applied one coat of  Essie Sexy Divide to the nail which is a stunning rich, deep purple shade. The consistency of the lacquer is quite thick, as I find with most Essie polishes, but it applies well and dries evenly.

Essie new Winter 2008 collection Sexy Divide Nail Lacquer 666
Essie Sexy Divide

When I had completed painting my nails with Sexy Divide I gently peeled off the stickers and allowed my nails to dry before applying my Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat.


And there you go! A fun lilac and purple half moon manicure! I really like this manicure as it is a real change from the traditional French manicure, I also love how it makes you nails look longer too! Give it a go!

I purchased my bottle of OPI Do You Lilac it from Tiffany Nail Supply for £9.95 and you can also get it from Amazon here: OPI Nail Polish Do You Lilac It?

I purchased my bottle of Essie Sexy Divide from Feel Unique for £8.05 and you can also get it from Amazon here: Essie new Winter 2008 collection Sexy Divide Nail Lacquer 666
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...