Wednesday 31 August 2011

Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Palette - Review & Swatches

Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection

Hi Everyone!
I am so excited to share this palette with you all! I love Urban Decay as a brand and always look forward to their eye shadow palettes as I find their eye shadows to be great quality and they come in such exciting colours! I first heard about this special 15 year anniversary palette a couple of months ago but it has only just gone on sale in the UK (only at Debenhams at the moment as far as I know). The palette comes with 15 new shadows and is in a gorgeous shiny box that has purple jewels on the front. There is a mirror on the inside of the lid and the palette has a slot in the bottom right hand corner that allows you to pop out the eye shadow tray when you have finished them so that you can re-use the box for storage which I think is a great idea and makes this palette even more of a collectors item!
Here are the swatches of the eye shadows (shown on NW20 skin) followed by their descriptions:

(L to R) Midnight Rodeo, Tainted, Deeper, Midnight 15, Junkshow, M.I.A, Vanilla

(L to R) Omen, Ace, Flow, Evidence, Blackout, Chase, Deep End, Half Truth

Midnight Rodeo: This is a shimmery pinky-bronze colour that has a metallic-like finish.
Tainted: Tainted is a gorgeous lilac colour with a slight golden shimmer, this is one of my favorites from the palette.
Deeper: This is a golden bronze colour with an olive tint to it, I think that this is the most unique shade in the box and I don't have anything else like it in my collection.
Midnight 15: This is a white-silver colour with a hint of purple to it, I think that this would make a stunning inner corner highlight to be paired with a purple lid.
Junkshow: This is a bright fuchsia pink with with a lavender shimmer, I love to apply colours like this to my crease with a dark eggplant colour on my lid.
M.I.A: This is a dark mushroom brown colour that is great to have in any palette.
Vanilla: This is not as boring as its name suggests! It is golden white colour with plenty of shimmer.
Omen: This is a violet blue duo chrome and is my favourite from the palette. It reminds me of MAC's Pink Pearl Pigment which has been discontinued.
Ace: This is a dark blue colour that is so pretty and is definitely a very wearable blue.
Flow: Flow is a peachy frost colour and would be great to use when creating a brown smokey eye.
Evidence: This colour is absolutely stunning, it is a sapphire blue with a metallic finish and is another one of my favourite colours from the palette.
Blackout: This is a strong matte black colour which would also make a great eye liner.
Chase: This is a striking golden colour and would look great all over the lid with a brown in the crease.
Deep End: This is a bright turquoise colour and would look great smudged along the lower lash line with a brown on the lid to add that extra pop of colour.
Half Truth: This is a blue violet colour that reminds me of MAC's Contrast eye shadow.

This palette is amazing and there is such a mixture of colours so there are so many different looks that you can create using it. Unusually for Urban Decay they have not included too many glittery shades with is great and makes a nice change! The palette is rather expensive but it's a great collectors item and if you enjoy Urban Decay palettes then you will love this. As I mentioned before, all of the shadows are new so you won't already own some of them which is great, plus all of the shadows are full size which makes it really good value for money.

I purchased my palette from Debenhams for £39. You can also get it from the Urban Decay site and from Amazon here: Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...