Wednesday 17 August 2011

Top 10 Lipglosses

Hi Everyone!
I love to compile top 10 lists for you and here is my list of favourite lipglosses. As many of you know I am a massive fan of MAC Cosmetics so most of my list of glosses are from MAC! Here are the descriptions of the glosses followed by swatches.

10. MAC Lipgloss in C-thru
C-thru is a classic, subtle lipgloss that perks up any lipstick. It is described as a peachy-beige colour with shimmer and it a gloss that I repurchase over and over again! You can get it from MAC  for £12.50 or from Amazon here: MAC Lip Gloss Lipglass C-Thru

9. NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm
I love the NARS Orgasm range and especially the gloss. It is a gorgeous peachy-pink with a golden shimmer. I love to wear it with the blush on my cheeks. If you love the blush then give the gloss a go! It is quite expensive (£17.50 in the UK) but I feel it is worth it for this iconic colour. You can get it from NARS or from Amazon here: NARS Orgasm Lip Gloss

8. OCC Lip Tar in Momento
OCC Lip Tar's are amazing. They are packaged as a gloss but have the longevity and coverage of a lipstick. They can be mixed together to create unique shades or worn alone. A little goes a very long way with these so I would advise applying them using your finger or a brush rather than straight from the tube and they also have a minty scent. Momento is a nude-rosy pink shade. I purchase mine from Cocktail Cosmetics for £8.95.

7. MAC Lipgloss in Strange Potion
This was a limited edition gloss from MAC's Venomous Villains collection last year and is a pretty unique colour. It is a gorgeous shimmery pink-coral colour with semi opaque coverage that I love to wear on it's own. Look out for it in CCO stores or in upcoming collections as a re promote.

6. MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar
Love nectar is a stunning apricot gloss which I think looks great with a bronze smokey eye for summer. This is the only Lustregloss that I own and I love it! You can buy it from MAC for £12.50.

5. Chanel Lipgloss (Levres Scintillantes) in 19 Blizzard
I first purchased this lipgloss during a holiday in Southern France and have repurchased it several times, partly because of the memories of my holiday attached to it and also because I love the colour and finish of the gloss. It is a rosy-pink colour with golden shimmer and looks great when worn alone. This gloss is very expensive but is great quality and a good way to treat yourself! You can purchase it from Debenhams for £20 or from Amazon here: Levres Scintillantes - No. 19 Blizzard - Chanel - Lip Color - Levres Scintillantes - 6ml/0.2oz

4. MAC Lipgloss in Underage
Underage is a soft pink lipgloss that has a subtle shimmer. This gloss looks great worn alone or over a pink lipstick such as MAC's Angel or Creme Cup. I also love to put it over nude lipsticks such as Myth. You can purchase it from MAC for £12.50.

3. NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight
NARS describe this gloss as a 'Pink Sorbet'. It is a girlie, bubblegum pink that looks great on it's own but I also love to put it over MAC's Angel or Creme Cup lipsticks. This is also one of Kim Kardashian's favourite/ most worn lipglosses. You can purchase it from NARS for £17.50 or from Amazon here: NARS Lip Gloss, Turkish Delight .28 oz (8 g).

2. MAC Dazzleglass in Date Night
Surprisingly this is the only Dazzleglass to make my top 10 list but Date Night certainly deserves its place at number 2. Dazzleglasses are amazing lipglosses, they are ultra sparkly but don't have any chunky glitter that can be uncomfortable to wear. Date Night is a stunning 'Soft blue purple with pearl'. I love to wear it over MAC's Plumful Lipstick on a night out. You can purchase it from MAC for £16 or from Amazon: MAC Dazzleglass - Date Night. (Dazzleglasses are slightly more expensive than MAC's regular glosses but they are larger).

1. NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Sweetheart
The fact that my favourite lipgloss is not from MAC may come as a surprise to those of you who regularly read my blog (it surprised me a little if I'm honest!) but I have really fallen in love with this gloss! It is the only gloss that I currently own from NYX and I will definitely be repurchasing it. I was prompted to buy it when watching my favourite YouTube beauty guru ( Elle Fowler/ allthatglitters21 ) who used it during a Lauren Conrad inspired makeup tutorial. It is a beautiful nude-pink colour that is super shiny but not too gloopy. It also smells really nice too! You can get it from NYX for £6.95 or from Amazon here: NYX Goddess of the Night Lip Gloss with Mega Shine, Sweetheart, 104

Here are the swatches shown on NW20 skin:
(L to R) C Thru, Underage, Turkish Delight, Love Nectar, Sweetheart

(L to R) Strange Potion, Orgasm, Blizzard, Momento, Date Night

So they are my top 10 lipglosses! Please feel free to share yours below!
Maz x

1 comment:

  1. i want lip tars! they look so pigmented and thick and juicy!! :P
    i love this, i might buy the lipglosses from MAC cause i always thought they looked a bit to thick for a lipgloss

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...