Thursday 11 August 2011

Sigma Face Brushes

Hi Guys!
I love Sigma as a brand and I am a huge fan of their make up brushes, they are affordable and amazing quality and are, in my opinion, on par with MAC brushes. I think that Sigma is a brand that is not very well know in the UK but I buy my Sigma brushes from two UK-based websites Love Make up and Cocktail Cosmetics. I have ordered several times from both of these sites and never had any problems at all. I am sure that Sigma products are widely available to buy in the USA via the official Sigma website.
This post is going to focus on the Sigma face brushes that I own and how I use them.

F45
F45 Buffer/ Kabuki Brush: This is a really densely packed, soft kabuki brush that is ideal for applying loose or pressed powder all over the face and neck. I used it in slow, circular motions to buff in my face powder.
F55, F60, F35
F55 Small Duo Fibre Brush: This is a flat topped duo fibre brush that is a smaller version of the F50 brush (shown below). It can be used to lightly apply powder products to the face, I tend to use it to highlight my cheek bones.
F60 Foundation Brush: This is a standard foundation brush that is great for applying any liquid or pressed foundation.
F35 Tapered Highlighter Brush: The F35 brush is great for highlighting and contouring, it has a pointed tip that provides precise, accurate application.


F15, F80, F10
F15 Duo Fibre Powder/ Blush Brush: This is a medium sized tapered duo fibre brush that can be used to lightly apply powders such as blushes and highlighters to the face.
F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki Brush: This is a flat topped, long handled kabuki brush which is ideal for applying face or setting powder to your face. It buffs the powder into your skin flawlessly. You can also use it to apply liquid foundation to you skin in circular motions.
F10 Powder/ Blush Brush: This is my favourite blush brush and is better, in my opinion than my 129 MAC brush. It is really soft and blends and applies your blush perfectly.

F40, F25
F40 Large Angled Contour Brush: This brush has natural bristles and is traditionally used for contouring your cheekbones, I however prefer to use it for blush application. As the bristles are packed tightly together you will get a large colour pay off from your blusher.
F25 Tapered Face Brush: This is a larger version of the F35 brush (shown above) and is great for contouring and highlighting your cheekbones. It would also be great for applying all face powders such as blush.


F50, F20, F30
F50 Duo Fibre Brush: This is an excellent multi-purpose brush that can be used to apply liquid products such as foundation as well as powders to give you an 'air-brushed' finish. My favourite use for this is for applying my MAC Fix + spray, when I have finished my make up I spray my Fix + onto this brush and stipple it all over my face to set my make up and reduce any cakey powder.
F20 Large Powder Brush: This is the only brush that I use to apply bronzer. It distributes the product evenly and blends it in really well.
F30 Large Powder Brush: This is a great brush for applying powders to the face and body. I generally use it to apply face powder (it gives a more sheer application for this task than a kabuki brush does).

I highly recommend Sigma brushes, as I mentioned previously, I believe that they are as good as MAC brushes and in some cases (the F10 brush) they are better. I have not found any problems with them shedding their bristles and they have all washed well several times.
I do not own the entire range of Sigma brushes (Although I am working on it!) but you can check out the rest of the range on Sigma's official website.
I hope that you have found this post useful, click here to read my post about Sigma Eye brushes.
Maz x

1 comment:

  1. Wow lovely brushes indeed! Yes Sigma brushes are very well known for their efficiency ^^ need to try them some time. :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...