Thursday 18 August 2011

China Glaze For Audrey - Review & Swatch

China Glaze For Audrey

Hi Everyone!
Today I painted my nails in China Glaze's For Audrey nail polish. This is a gorgeous blue colour which is very similar in colour to a Tiffany & Co box and is probably China Glaze's most famous polish. As the name suggests, China Glaze designed this polish with the classic film Breakfast at Tiffany's staring Audrey Hepburn in mind. Tiffany & Co have their exact box colour patented so it is not 100% the same but it is very close. Even if you are not a fan of the film I think that you will still love this colour! I am really getting into greens and blues at the moment so this is perfect for me!
First I applied 2 coats of OPI Nail Envy as my base followed by 2 coats of For Audrey. The polish has a very thick consistency but applies smoothly and evenly and doesn't take too long to dry. It is fully opaque after 1 coat but I always like to wear 2.


I am really loving adding a couple of coats of a glitter polish on my ring fingers at the moment so I added 2 coats of OPI's Disco Ball Sparkle polish. This was from a collection a few years ago and is not available anymore but you would get a similar effect from any silver glitter polish. I then applied 1 coat of Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat to finish.


The polish was originally released a few years ago as a limited edition shade but I still found it available online. I purchased my nail polish from ebay and you can also get it from Amazon here: China Glaze For Audrey
Maz x

4 comments:

  1. Wow such a beautiful blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @DaphYin - yeh it is thanks! It has some real staying power too! I've had it on for a couple of days now and been looking after my horse and kneeded some dough today and I haven't got one chip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those nails its really awesome, brights and block colours were really in during summer
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous color. I always eye out this polish when I go to the store.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...