Thursday 16 June 2011

White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies

Hi Everyone!
Once again I have been busy baking in the kitchen! Baking cakes is fast becoming one of my favourite things to do. I think it's the achievement factor that I love and I have even been out and purchased an apron! (No more flour/ icing sugar all over me!) I made some giant chocolate chip cookies last week and they went so well that I thought I'd give some more cookies a go this week! I scrolled through various recipes on the Internet and finally decided on these white chocolate and cranberry's ones from the Good Food Channel which I changed slightly!

INGREDIENTS:
150g Butter
150g Plain Flour
50g Ground Almonds
50g Porridge Oats
50g Dried Cranberries
50g Brown Sugar
50g Caster Sugar
100g White Chocolate, cut into chunks
1 Large Egg Yolk

METHOD
1. Pre heat oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and allow to cool
3. Sift the flour into a bowl and then add the ground almonds, oats, cranberries, brown sugar, caster sugar and the white chocolate chunks and mix each ingredient in well
4. Mix the melted butter with the egg yolk and then pour this into the mixed dry ingredients and stir to combine together
5. Use your hands to form walnut sized balls of dough and place them onto greased or lined baking trays ensuring that there is a gap between each ball of dough.
6. Flatten each cookie gently and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Take the trays out of the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the trays for a while before transferring them onto wire racks to cool thoroughly.

These cookies smell and taste amazing and are really straight-forward to make! You can use milk chocolate if you prefer and use raisins or sultanas in place of the cranberry's. Give them a go, you'll love them!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...