Wednesday 8 June 2011

NYX Haul

NYX Cosmetics Nude On Nude Natural Look Kit 9 Eyeshadows 2 Lip Colors with Mirror and Applicator

Hi Everyone!
I really like NYX as a brand and have several of their blushes, jumbo pencils and lipglosses but have never tried their eyeshadow palettes before. I had a look on their website and found that they have quite a few small, affordable palettes such as the Nude on Nude kit. This one really stood out to me (along with the Purple smokey look kit) so I thought I'd give it a go! The kit comes with 9 eyeshadows and 2 lip colours in a drawer below along with 2 applicator brushes.
Here are the eyeshadow swatches shown on NW20 skin:. (I swatched from the top left of the palette to the bottom right).


I am really impressed with the colours, they applied smoothly and are nicely pigmented. I think that the quality of them is great considering they are from a relatively cheap palette. There is a lovely selection of neutral colours including a great highlighter shade and darker colours which are ideal to darken the crease or to use on the lashlines as well as lots of great lid colours.
Here are the swatches of the 2 lip colours. (Apologies for the poor photograph, they don't show up too well).

The 2 colours are nice but not amazing! One is quite peachy and the other is more pinky.
Overall, this is a really nice palette and is great value for money. I was surprised that the shadows where such good quality and they are definitely the best part of the palette. The lip colours are nice to have in the palette and great if you are on the go! The palette was a little smaller in size than I was expecting and the shadow sizes are quite small but for the price of the palette it is OK.
I also purchased a Jumbo Eye Pencil in Purple Velvet and 2 Lip Pencils in 848 Flower and 858 Nude Pink.
(L to R) Flower, Nude Pink, Purple Velvet
I have wanted to get the Purple Velvet jumbo pencil for a while now and it is a little darker than it looked on the site, I would describe it as an eggplant colour. I feel that it will go well with MAC shadows such as Indian Ink and Nocturnelle. The Nude Pink Lip Pencil is a great colour and reminds me a little of MAC's Dervish Lip Pencil. Flower is a bright dolly-pink. The lip pencils are also really good quality and glided onto my skin really well, I can't say as I can tell much difference in quality between the NYX pencils and the MAC pencils which is quite shocking considering the price difference (Around £10 in the UK!) Big thumbs up to NYX!

I purchased my NYX Products from Cocktail Cosmetics in the UK, they are also available directly from NYX

Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...