Saturday 18 June 2011

NYX Glitter Cream Palette

NYX Glitter Cream Palette 07 Royal Violets

Hi Everyone
This is a review with swatches on the NYX Glitter Cream Palette in 07 Royal Violets. The palette comes with 5 glitter cream shadows, 3 are pinky-purple colours, 1 is gold and the last one is a dark grey-black colour. 2 double ended sponge tipped applicators are also included in the palette.
Here are the swatches shown on NW20 skin.

Swatches shown from left to right
As you can see, the shadows are pretty difficult to apply to the skin due to their rather gritty texture. Some apply easier than others which is a little strange. NYX claim that these shadows can be applied to the entire body if you so desire but I would only like them on my eyes!
I have owned this palette since last Christmas but haven't used it too much. It has taken me a while to play with it and work out the best way to use it. I eventually concluded that the sponge-tipped applicators that come with the palette work much better than any of my usual eye brushes. I pack the glitter creams onto my eye over an eye primer. I then pack a suitable pressed shadow over the top of them to seal in the glitter. I find that this looks really good and lasts quite a long time without creasing. I wouldn't imagine that they would stay crease-free for very long without the addition of the pressed shadow. The glitter shows through the pressed shadow really well and adds some sparkle to your eyes without being 'too much'.
Surprising I did not get too much fall out from the shadows, I presume due to their cream/ gel-like base which does score them some points over a loose glitter. They are a little harder to remove than your regular eyeshadows but not too much.
Overall, I would recommend these palettes as they add some sparkle to your eyes for that special night out and are super affordable. They do however take quite a lot of work to build up on the eyelid.
I would give this palette 3 and a half stars out of 5!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...