Wednesday 15 June 2011

Illamasqua Purity - Review & Swatch

Hi Guys!
This week's nails of the week is Purity by Illamasqua. Purity is from the current Toxic Nature collection and is a bold, vibrant pastel peach colour. This is the first Illamasqua nail polish that I have tried and I was prompted to try one as I have heard good things about them online and they have won a Cosmopolitan Beauty Award in 2010. Anyone who has read my blog knows that I am a huge fan of OPI polishes so I have to compare this polish to OPI ones. The brush is much narrower than an OPI brush which makes application slower but more precise. I applied my OPI Base Coat followed by 2 coats of Purity and then 1 coat of Seche Vite Top Coat. The nail lacquer consistency is quite thick and did take quite a long time to dry but did have a nice even, streak free finish.
Illamasqua polishes are priced at £13.50 in the UK which makes them around £3.50 more expensive than OPI and Essie and I really don't think that they are worth the extra money. I think that OPI and Essie dry quicker and have a much larger variety of colour choices. I do, however love Purity's colour so if you really like this specific colour then I would recommend it.
Let me know what you guys think of Illamasqua polishes, especially if you have experienced a really good one!
3 stars out of 5 from me!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...