Saturday 4 June 2011

My Top 10 Essie Polishes

(L to R) French Affair, Nice is Nice, Splash of Grenadine, Pansy, Van D'Go

(L to R) Angora Cardi, After Sex, Mink Muffs, Sexy Divide, Damsel in a Dress

Hi Everyone!

Seen as I made a top 10 OPI list a couple of weeks ago I thought it was only fair to compile a top 10 Essie list! These are my favourite colours from the brand! I have heard good and bad things about the brand, some say that there are 'good' Essie's and 'bad' Essie's but I can't say as I have come across any that I don't like. I know that some colours are a little sheer which isn't all that great but I suppose it all depends on the look that you are going for.
Here is my top 10 list including their descriptions:

1. Pansy: (A tropical hot pink). This has to be my favourite ever Essie polish! It is the most gorgeous bright pink, it is perfect for summer, everyone should try it!
2. Sexy Divide: (A bold deep purple with hints of shimmer). This is a beautiful rich purple that reminds me a little of OPI's Ink
3. Splash of Grenadine: (A playful magenta pink). This is from the Resort Summer 2010 collection. This is a lovely classic girlie pink.
4. French Affair: (A sophisticated soft lavender pink). This is a delicate lavender that is a softer version of OPI's Do you Lilac it? It is from the current French Affair 2011 collection.
5. Van D'Go: (Peachy keen shade). This is my favourite peachy shade that is a great alternative to pink during the spring and summer.
6. Damsel in a Dress: (A deep iridescent currant). This is a very deep berry shade and makes a great change from black if you want a darker colour.
7. Nice is Nice: (A whimsical light lavender). This is from the recent French Affair and is perfect for summer!
8. Angora Cardi: (A creamy deep rusty rose). I have had this polish for a long time now and I think it makes the ideal autumn/ fall shade.
9. After Sex: (A sultry pearlescent burgundy). I always dread my grandma asking me the name of this colour when I'm wearing it! It is a stunning red that I highly recommend trying.
10. Mink Muffs: (A smokey plush taupe). How can you not laugh at that name?! It is a sophisticated mushroom shade that is really on trend at the moment.

Here are the swatches of the 10 polishes, I applied 2 coats of each polish and no top coat.
Thumb Nail: French Affair
Fingers (L to R) Nice is Nice, Splash of Grenadine, Pansy, Van D'Go

Thumb Nail: Angora Cardi
Fingers (L to R) After Sex, Mink Muffs, Sexy Divide, Damsel in a Dress
I hope that you have enjoyed this list. Please feel free to share your favourite Essie polishes!
Maz x

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love Pansy, french affair, and van d'go nice swatches.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...