Thursday 23 June 2011

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

Hi Everyone!
I have been busy baking once again and this week I decided to make some muffins. I can't remember if I have ever made them before but they have turned out really well even if I do say so myself! Here's how to make them.

INGREDIENTS
275g (10oz) Plain Flour
4 Level tsp Baking Powder
4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
75g (3oz) Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
225ml (8 fl.oz) Milk
110g (4oz) Melted Butter
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
75g (3oz) Plain Chocolate Chips
75g (3oz) White Chocolate Chips

METHOD
1. Pre heat the oven to 200c/ 400f/ Gas Mark 6 and place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together in a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the melted butter, eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and then add the chocolate chips to make a lumpy batter.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
6. Remove the muffins from the oven and leave in the tin for 15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.

These muffins are delicious and simple to make! I used a recipe from The Chocolate Source
Have a go!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...