Thursday 23 June 2011

Benefit You Rebel & The Pore-Fessional

Hi Everyone!

I went to have a look at a new drugstore that has opened near to my house this morning and ended up buying a few things from the Benefit counter. I have never really used many Benefit products before but I've heard many good things about them. The sales assistant informed me that Benefit are the second post popular cosmetics brand in the UK behind Chanel! She showed me lots of products and I would have loved them all, I especially like Sugarbomb and Girl Meets Pearl (I have this on at them moment and it smells amazing, I'll have to go back and get it at some point) but I decided to go for You Rebel and The Pore-Fessional.


You Rebel (£23.50 in the UK): This is a tinted moisturiser with SPF 15. This product claims to give you 'complexion coverage, moisture and SPF protection all in one.' The assistant also told me that it changes slightly as your skin tans during the summer monthes so there is no need to by a lighter one for winter and a darker one for summer which is great. She also informed me that you can mix this with your regular foundation to give you the moisture benefits and SPF protection. She picked out the Medium one for me and I was worried that this would be too dark for me as I usually go for paler foundations but this looks fine on me and blends in really well leaving no lines. She also said that the best way to apply this foundation is with your fingers and not with a brush or sponge. I think that it would give a decent amount of coverage coupled with your setting powder. I'm impressed!

The Pore-Fessional (£23.50 in the UK): This is described as a professional balm to minimize the appearance of pores. I have large open pores on my cheeks and smaller, visible ones on my nose. This balm can be applied under or over your makeup on your problem areas. The balm is tan coloured when you squeeze it out of the tube but dries translucent so won't show up under or over your foundation and stick out. I pat a small amount onto my cheeks and blend it in using my fingers. The balm dries to a lovely, silky texture and has definitely made my pores less visible.

If, like me, you have not tried many Benefit products I would recommend visiting a counter and taking a look! It is very expensive but is really good quality and has the cutest packaging. I have previously tried one of their lipsticks that I wasn't too impressed with and their Bella Bamba blush that I love. I am really impressed with You Rebel and the Pore-Fessional and I can see a new brand addiction coming!

Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...