Tuesday 14 June 2011

Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick in Good-to-go

Hi all,

I really wanted to write a short post about Benefit's Silky Finish Lipstick in Good-to-go. This is one of the very few non MAC lipsticks in my collection. I have to admit that I purchased it after reading that it was the lipstick used on Kristin Stewart's character Bella in the first Twilight Movie! I am such a big fan of The Twilight Saga so I had to snap it up! Another Silky Finish Lipstick by Benefit called Ms Behavin' was apparently used on the Cullen Family in the movie but I'm pretty sure that it has been discontinued in the UK.
Here is the swatch shown on NW20 skin:

The lipstick is a brownish-plum colour and is lovely. It is kind of a plummy version of MAC's Viva Glam 5 lipstick and is great for day or night. The silky finish lipsticks are a little like MAC's Slimshine lipsticks which I don't think are available any more. They provide you with the application and pigmentation of a lipstick and give you the shine of a lipgloss which is great. I could liken them to MAC's new Sheen Supreme Lipsticks. I own 3 Sheen Supreme lipstick's and I have to say that I slightly prefer them to the Benefit one as I felt that it dried out my lips a little and didn't stay in place as well as the MAC ones do.
As I previously mentioned my reason for buying this product was due to it's use in the first Twilight movie so I will always love it for that! If you are looking for this type of lipstick I would recommend the MAC Sheen Supreme's over the Benefit Silky Finishes!
The lipstick is priced at £14 in the UK.
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...