Sunday 22 May 2011

Beauty Awards 2011

Hello!

I was reading the Sunday Times Style magazine today (22nd May 2011) and in particular their 2011 beauty awards. You can read the article here: http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/ and it got me to thinking about which products I would give the top and runner up places to. I have used some of the categories from the article and added a couple of my own.
So here is Maz's 2011 Beauty Awards!

Drum roll please...


Best Foundation: Loreal True Match - A fairly recent find but both my mum and me love it!
Runner Up: Clinique Superfit - I used this for many years but now prefer the loreal mainly due to the lower price!

Best Concealer: Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer - Expensive but I feel, worth it!
Runner Up: Clinique Airbrush Concealer - Used this over many years and still love it!

Best Powder: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Applies so well and gives a lovely finish.
Runner Up: No 7 Creme Touch - I use this in translucent as a cheaper 'every day' alternative to the MAC MSF

Best Blusher: MAC - Amazing choice of colours and finishes
Runner Up: NYX - Brilliant for the price and now more widely available in the UK!

Best Mascara: Loreal Telescopic - This has been my favourite mascara for a long time, I can not fault it.
Runner Up: Loreal Million Lashes - Yes another Loreal mascara! It's amazing especially for a night out when you want that extra volume.

Best Lipstick: MAC - Around 98% of the lipsticks I own are MAC! I don't think that they can be beaten!
Runner Up: Chanel - Gorgeous quality lipsticks and ideal for that rare splurge buy on pay day!

Best Eyeshadow: MAC - No one can come close to MAC on this one! More colours and finishes than any other brand! 10/10!
Runner Up: Urban Decay - I gave UD the runner up place due to their eyeshadow amazing palettes!

Best Moisturiser: Olay Double Action Nourishing and Regenerating Cream Night - This is a really nice, thick night cream that feels more expensive than it is! It also smells a little like parma violet sweets!
Runner Up: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion - This is a cult product for Clinique and I love it too!

Best Cleanser: Johnson and Johnson Clean and Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash - This is my wonder product! It is reasonably priced and really works!
Runner Up: Clinique Take off the day Cleansing Milk - Love this especially for removing eye make up

Best Skincare Brand: Johnson and Johnson - For their daily wash
Runner Up: Clinique - For their skin care brilliance!

Best Body Product: E45 - Can't live with out this! I also read that Cheryl Cole uses it too!
Runner Up: The Body Shop Body Butter - Especially the coconut one. They just melt into you skin and leave a beautiful fragrance

Best Bath Product: Lush Bubble Bars - Especially the Comforter which turns the water pink and leaves your skin so soft.
Runner Up: Radox Bath Smoothies - These smell good enough to drink!

Best Lip Care: Vaseline Lip Therapy - Another classic and I love the little tins that can go into your handbag
Runner Up: Chapstick - Quick and easy to apply and smell great.

Best Nail Polish: OPI - No big surprise there! They have the best range of colours and the coolest names!
Runner Up: Essie - A well deserved second place, especially for there neutral shades.

Best Classic Women's Fragrance: Chanel No 5 - I'm sure this wins pretty much every 'Classic Fragrance' award but it deserves it! I'm sure everyone's owned it at some point!
Best Women's Fragrance: Vera Wang Princess - This is my favourite perfume ever due to it's totally unique smell and gorgeous bottle!

So there are my first first ever beauty awards! Please comment below with your top products!

Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...